Makes 1 generous cup
- 2cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 to 2cloves garlic, roughly chopped (to taste)
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 3tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Place the basil, walnuts or pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine.
Source – Food52