Roasted, fried, boiled…there’s no denying that breadfruit is pretty awesome.
But did you know that it has quite a few health benefits too?
Check out these 7 surprising benefits of chowing down on breadfruit.
1. Breadfruit is a great source of potassium. Potassium helps to reduce blood pressure and regulate heart rate by minimising the effects of sodium.
2. Breadfruit is packed full of dietary fibre which is good for helping you to feel fuller longer and helps reduce cholesterol; it lowers bad cholesterol (LDL), while increasing good cholesterol (HDL) in the body.
3. Breadfruit is a rich source of fatty acids, like omega-3 and omega-6
4. It’s low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. Nothing beats healthy eating.
5. Did you know that breadfruit has a pretty high vitamin C content?
6. Breadfruit is also rich B vitamins. This food contains vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, as well as Vitamin E.
7. Eating breadfruit is thought to help people suffering from diabetes. High fibre content in breadfruit reduces absorption of glucose.
Source – LoopJamaica