This 20 year old aunt followed through with her promise and gathered the kids into the kitchen when they woke up. I told them we were making ‘breakfast ice cream’ and they eagerly watched as my Magic Bullet turned frozen berries into a thick sorbet-like mixture (I used this recipe). I gave each of them a handful of granola and a few more frozen berries to decorate the top of their smoothie cups. After the kids started digging into their morning masterpieces, I made the adults some too. Seeing everyone enjoy their berry bowls put a big smile on my face.
- Peach Smoothie
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ large banana, sliced and frozen
- ¾ ripe yellow peach, cut into chunks (save the other quarter for decoration)
- Raspberry “Sorbet”
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- Sliced peach, blueberries, granola, coconut etc.
- Add all the peach smoothie ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Make the raspberry sorbet in the same blender by blending the ¼ cup almond milk and frozen raspberries until smooth. Scoop the sorbet on top of the peach smoothie.
- Decorate with desired toppings and enjoy immediately.
Source – Radiant Rachel