The magical combination of a glass of warm (not hot) water, juice of 1/2 a lime and one tea spoon of honey, early in the morning on an empty stomach is an ancient remedy for a plethora of maladies. Make sure to drink it fresh and not to drink coffee or tea for at least one hour after drinking this mixture.
Health Benefits of Honey And Lemon In Warm Water:
- Constipation: This mixture stimulates the digestive system, helps produce intestinal mucus, hydrates the colon and infuses water into dried stool, easing constipation.
- Weight loss: Lime contains a type of fiber called pectin, that helps make you feel full and keeps cravings at bay. The mixture creates a more alkaline atmosphere in your stomach helping you lose weight faster.
- Digestion: Lime triggers the liver to generate more bile to aid digestion. It also has anti-bacterial properties and helps in the production of intestinal mucus that detoxifies the colon.
- Immunity: Lack of water and essential fluids in the lymphatic system can make you feel sluggish and fatigued and slow down your mental processes. This mixture early in the morning helps hydrate your entire lymphatic system and improve your immunity. Vitamin C boosts the immune system further.
- Energy Booster: Honey is a zero calorie instant energy booster and lime activates negatively charged enzymes in your stomach improving digestion. The scent of lime is known to be a natural relaxant and can help uplift your mood.
- Pain: Consuming this drink every morning helps lower overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.
- Diuretic: Honey is a very potent antibacterial agent and with lime and water, flush out water from your body clearing any urinary tract infections.
- Oral Health: Lime cleanses the mouth, activates your salivary glands and kills offensive bacteria.
- Clear Skin: The mixture’s combined cleansing action helps in purifying your blood, lending unique restorative, antibacterial and collagen boosting properties to your skin.
Source – CureJoy