Derek Sarno came into our kitchen and worked his magic to make this mouth-watering pulled ‘pork’. Mushrooms never tasted so meaty!
- 8 King Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Peri Peri Seasoning
- Pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Bread or Burger Buns
- Egg-Free Mayo & BBQ sauce (we mixed ours together!)
- Red Onion
- Use a fork to shred each of the king oyster mushrooms until they resemble the texture of pulled chicken or pork, and leave in a baking dish.
- Coat the shredded mushrooms with the vegetable oil and peri peri seasoning, it helps to use your hand to ensure all the mushrooms are evenly covered.
- Put the baking dish in the oven at 180℃ (356℉) for 30 minutes to dry the mushrooms out.
- Warm a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan, and pour the shredded mushrooms into it. Season with a decent pinch of salt and stir.
- Next, stir in the BBQ sauce until it’s mixed evenly through all the mushrooms.
- Remove from the heat and serve in burger buns with cucumber and red onion. We made a mix of BBQ sauce and egg-free mayo which went with it perfectly!