Our subconscious mind exerts a powerful influence over our lives. It preserves and runs the body. It stores and organizes memories, emotions, and energy. It controls and maintains all of our perceptions. Over 95% of what we do, think, and say comes from old programming in our subconscious mind.
1. Despite its power, the subconscious is a servant of the conscious mind. It follows orders by acting on whatever is fed to it. It cannot distinguish between what is real and what is imagined. It has no sense of humor and takes everything very literally. Your conscious mind is the gate-keeper. For personal power, you must be aware of what you are allowing into the subconscious. And you can intentionally program it to manifest what you want in life.
2. The subconscious mind responds with instinct and habit. As thinking and behavioral patterns deepen, they become habits and they become harder and harder to change.
3. Use repetition, authority, and emotion to program the subconscious. Affirm and visualize often what you desire. Be strong, willful and in command. Draw on your passion and emotional power to affirm what you want, as emotions have a very strong impact on the subconscious mind.
4. The subconscious mind does not process negatives. For this reason, all affirmations and statements must be positive. Do not say, “I will not gain weight.” The ‘not’ is not recorded. The subconscious mind only hears, “I will gain weight.”
5. The subconscious represses memories with unresolved negative emotions. The memories will get buried, yet the beliefs and feelings associated with them will still control your reactions. This is why it is important to become aware of and resolve strong guilt, resentment, fears, anger, and depression.
6. The subconscious mind works with symbols and metaphors. Watch your dreams closely for symbols that will offer clues to underlying issues that need to be resolved.
To read the full article check out AngelFire